Free Tour Cartagena is committed to the sustainable development of tourism in
environmental, socio-cultural, economic and legal aspects, raising awareness
collaborators, customers and suppliers in the matter.
In order to make the policy known, it will remain available to the public and for other
interested parties in our web portal.
● Contribute to intercultural understanding, referencing facts that shaped the
● Inform clients and suppliers on sustainability issues.
● Generate income opportunities for local guides, regardless of gender and age.
● Foster the culture of service that offers the best treatment to clients and
● Acquire ecological materials that are friendly to the environment.
● Sustainable Culture
Regulations and Laws
Free Tour Cartagena is a company committed to the fulfillment of laws and
regulations that govern it for its proper development.
● We are subject to the liability regime of Law 300 of 1996 (law general
tourism), Decree 1825 of 2001 (provisions related to the activity of tourist
guides), Decree 53 of 2001 (provisions related to the activity of travel
agencies), Law 1101 of 2006 (modifications to the general tourism law),
Decree 2438 of 2010 (provisions related to the liability of travel agencies in
the provision of tourist services), Law 410 of 1971 (Code of Trade) and other
regulations, where its quality of Agency is indicated of Travel and Tourism
● In compliance with Article 17 of Law 679 of 2001, Law 1336 and Resolution
3840 of 2009, Free Tour Cartagena, rejects all forms of sexual exploitation
and other forms of abuse to minors and warns which will be punished
according to the legal provisions in force. Complying with Law 1336 of 2009
and resolution 3840 that complements Law 679, has a code of ethics to
prevent and prevent the sexual exploitation of children and adolescents in
● Free Tour Cartagena is committed to Sustainable Tourism giving compliance
with Law 17 of 1981 and Law 1333 of 2009 in order to avoid illegal traffic of
flora and fauna species. Law 63 of 1986, Law 1185 of 2008 of Illegal Traffic of
Cultural Property, Law 2811 of 1973 on the Code National Renewable Natural
Resources and environmental protection Environment, Law 0584 of 2002
declaring the wild species that are threatened in the national territory and Law
379 of 1997 Law General of Culture handling information in a respectful
manner about the different attractions and activities related to the cultural and
natural heritage of the country.
● Protect the flora and fauna and their habitat, and do not buy products made
from plants or animals in danger or in danger of extinction.
● Try to minimize the generation of waste and make an adequate disposition
according to its classification. Remember that they are a source of
● Place trash in the established areas for this purpose. Do not throw trash in
common use areas.
● Gather the necessary information about your destination, and do not be
confused with places other than those established for tourist services.
● Properly reward (with tip, recommendation, comment) the guide when the
service received was excellent.
● Take time to understand the customs, norms and traditions of the place of
destination. Avoid behaviors that may offend the local population.
● Remember that any form of exploitation violates the objectives fundamentals
of tourism. Child sexual exploitation is a punishable offense, both in the place
where it is carried out and in the country of residence of whoever commits it.
● Contribute to local development by acquiring local products, and stick to the
principles of fair trade.
● Find out about current legislation so as not to commit any act that is
considered criminal in the country. Do not deal with drugs, weapons,
antiquities, protected species, or products or substances that are dangerous
or prohibited by national regulations.
● Ask about the origin of what you are buying and make sure that the souvenirs
that you take home have a documented history and have export permit.
● Free Tour Cartagena does not generate negative impacts on the natural
heritage, cultural and social aspects of the destinations it promotes.
Supplier and Responsible Partner
Free Tour Cartagena, according to its culture of service commits to:
● Recommend visits to duly formalized establishments that can complement the
experience of our tour, when the client requested it.
● Acquire and recommend products and services that generate positive impacts
to the environment, natural heritage and culture and we expect from you the same commitment.